Sales & Distribution
- Manage existing accounts and ensure growth in sales among travel agents, API partners, GDS partners and B2C channels in the greater Kansai region and western Japan.
- Plan weekly visitations to decision makers in the travel industry to serve and promote Scoot and NokScoot products and services.
- Increase sales and distribution by working with GDS and NTO partners.
- Identify new travel agents, API partners and continuously look for alternative and cost-effective distribution channels.
- Establish and develop corporate deal structure and associated sales targets.
- Grow B2C direct sales revenue through the company web, mobile site and apps.
- Update trade and API partners on Scoot and NokScoot products and services and assist them to resolve issues and requests surrounding bookings.
- Ensure revenue is maximised and costs of sales are monitored to optimise profit by each distribution channel.
- Take lead on organizing the events and sales seminars.
- Proactively source new avenues to develop and grow Scoot and NokScoot business in the region.
- Build and maintain relationship with tourism and Government bodies to further promote Scoot and NokScoot.
- Liaison with HQ teams to assist successful roll out of sales campaign.
- Plan and execute ground events as well as run contests standalone or with partners.
- Analyse and report on outcomes of activities/campaigns
- Ongoing review of best practice to find new and innovative ways to connect to market.
- Bring in ad hoc cash support for campaign/events.
- Assist in gaining co-operative marketing funds from trade partners.
- Trade liaison via creating valued and profitable partnerships with travel agents and online distribution channels.
Sales plan and reporting
- Provide weekly/monthly reports to Assistant Manager, Sales on sales performance and deploy measures and initiatives.
- Keep up-to-date on competitor/industry information and maintain timely flow of key information to Assistant Manager, Sales.
- Provide input to Assistant Manager, Sales on additional opportunities for tactical pricing actions for incremental traffic, as well as marketing opportunities through travel agents, API portals, GDS partners, and Tourism Bodies.
- Develop and grow trade relationships as commercially required.
- Establish and develop agency relationships and deals.
- Enhance relationships with regional Tourism Bodies in Osaka to capture support as required.
- Build and maintain relations with GDS and OFC to keep abreast of fare filing requirements and developments.
Budget & Cost Management
- Work with other sales members to deliver agreed revenue budget and market share targets.
- Manage expenditures to ensure costs associated with local sales measures and initiatives are as low as possible.
- Liaise with ground handlers as commercially necessary.
- Build and maintain relations with current and future airports to explore new sales and marketing opportunities.
Key Skill and Requirements
- Fluency in Japanese and business English communication capability in speaking, reading and writing.
- At least 3 years of commercial experience in agency sales, GDS or distribution sectors, and knowledge of the aviation business is preferable.
- Prefers minimum 2 years of marketing experience in airline industry, travel distribution or hospitality industries or similar consumer goods business.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, both tactical and strategic in nature – achieving both time and budgetary deadlines.
- Ability to provide support liaising within the Scoot/SIA group on an as needed basis.
- Ability of translation, copy-writing, and documentation.
- Proven track record of successful sales and client relationship management
- Experience of direct responsibility for revenue/sales generation.
- Highly developed communication, negotiation, sales and presentation skills.
- Ambitious and results-driven with a real energy and drive
- Highly self-motivated and able to work independently and with teams in Japan and HQ.
- A team player with strong people skills.
- Excellent skills in motivating internal and external business partners at all levels.
- IT, web, and GDS savvy.
- Willingness to travel.
2019-07-01 Singapore Standard Time
2019-07-31 Singapore Standard Time