- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a relevant field with at least 2 years of experience in a leadership role and/or experience in the airline industry
- Strong understanding of airport operations and passenger movements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to converse with all levels of an organization as well as high-ranked external figures, with care and class
- Able to respond, influence and proactively create mutually acceptable solutions, always with Air Canada best interests in mind
- Must have ability to work shift, weekend and statutory holidays and work beyond rostered hours due to irregular flight operations
- Strong commitment to teamwork & commitment to employee engagement
- Excellent Interpersonal skills
- Possess an energetic and tenacious attitude
- Fluent in Japanese and English
- Demonstrate passion for travel
- Advance knowledge of Word, Excel
- Advance knowledge of Departure Control System (DCS); knowledge of ALTEA system, an asset.
Conditions of Employment:
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of interest, at the time any offer of employment is made and seeking any required work permits/visas or other authorizations which may be required is the sole responsibility of the candidates applying for this position.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Actively support and supervise the daily Operations at NARITA airport to ensure safe and secure and customer oriented service under the direction of the Airport Director.
- Supervise the daily operations of the respective station(s), including above and below the wing activities, SMS and other applicable regulatory authorities including a strong partnership with the branch safety team.
- Plan employee schedule development and anticipate, identify, as well as resolve staffing issues with a results-oriented approach.
- Promote safety in all operations and ensure that the safety, security and service standards are observed, monitored and practiced consistently and in compliance, by reporting incidents/accidents promptly and efficiently
- Coordinate/Support all audits and to ensure identification of root cause and implementation of corrective measures to address any vulnerabilities or opportunities found and measure effectiveness.
- Coordinate Emergency Response Procedures with HQ and Star Alliance Partners as well as Airport Authority and Handling Agents. Maintain accurate Manuals and participate in Emergency Procedure Training.
- Monitor results (OTP, PAWOB, Overcatering, etc.) and implement corrective actions when required to ensure optimal result working closely with all relevant stakeholders and HQ Team and ensure Deliver on our customer promise especially in case of irregular Operations (delays, cancellations, Denied Boarding Cases, etc.)
- Ensure regular communication with all appropriate operational groups to stay abreast of any change in activities and needs, especially during IRROPS, and ensure customers are informed and addressed, with care and class.
- Hold new employee training to ensure a consistent understanding and approach regarding Air Canada product and services workshops.
- Participate in negotiating ground handling contracts to ensure a cost-efficient and safe operation in order to ensure quality service delivery per signed contract.
- Coordinate activities with Star Alliance Partners making sure CodeShare Agreements and procedures are correctly reflected. Attend SAAT meetings to defend Air Canada’s interests at the Airport
- Represent Air Canada at meetings and workshops with various Authorities and defend Air Canada’s interests
- Monitor, maintain and report on Budgets, Cost Control, Accounting activities
- Support for new station start-up in the APAC region
- Visit of other stations to conduct internal audits
- Regional Director’s Assistance duties as assigned